Twitter is a great hub not only to keep up with existing community but to find and connect with new people. But finding just the right people is tricky and time-consuming. That’s why today we are excited to announce the advanced targeting tool, allowing you to monitor engagement and discover new leads much more effectively and precisely, using location, language and sentiment targeting.
So How It Works?
Let’s get right to it. When you define keywords to monitor, you can now add operators to narrow your search to specific location, language or sentiment.
Using the near: notation, you can narrow your results to specific location, such as city or country. This will focus our engine to look for people who either post from there, or set it as their location on their profile page. Here are some examples:
- blogger near:NYC
- social media near:”San Francisco”
- community management near:Canada
- dominos pizza lang:fr
- blogging lang:en
See here the full list of supported languages.
- dominos pizza 🙂
- dominos pizza 🙁
- exclude: domino -pizza – target people who talk about ‘domino’ (but not the pizza)
- exact phrase: “dominos pizza rocks” – target people who mention this exact phrase
Combining It All
- domino -pizza near:paris lang:fr – target people who talk about ‘domino’ (but not the pizza), who are near Paris and whose posts are in French.
Advanced Targeting is available only to Pro users. Upgrade to Pro (14 days free trial) to try it out. Let us know how it works for you in the comments.
Simplified Chinese: zh-cn
Traditional Chinese: zh-tw