How to get more engaged Twitter followers? How to get the most out of Twitter for your business?
This post will show you four actionable steps you can take to improve your Twitter experience using Commun.it.
Twitter is not (just) about the number of followers, it’s about their quality. Many businesses and marketers have already discovered how powerful Twitter is for finding and engaging with their audience. Its low cost, immediacy and viral nature make it a favorite tool for everyone -from news organizations to celebrities to small businesses.
We here at Commun.it would like to share a few insights on how to find relevant quality people to follow, how to engage with them and how to measure your success. These insights are based on social media best practices, our users’ experience and our own experience. Our goal here is to help you build a high-quality followers base.
1. Use Discover Leads
- In the Commun.it dashboard, expand the “Discover New Leads” list on the left menu:
- Then click on the “+ Manage Leads” button to open the Discover Leads dialog. It’s important to define relevant leads, based on your interests, language and location. You can also use Commun.it’s advanced filters, e.g: If you’re looking for people who tweet about marketing in San-Francisco, add the discover lead term: marketing near:”san francisco”.
2. Follow Leads, Filter & Engage – In Just a Few Seconds
- 1. Drill down to the relevant leads list,
- 2. Then, sort the list by “Highest Rating“,
- 3. Then, follow the leads.
- 4. Engage with the lead – build trust; start by saying Hi. This is an important step as users don’t always see who follows them, so engage with them in an authentic way to build confidence and deepen the relationship.
- Make sure you use Commun.it “Share the love” widget, it helps build engagements!
3. Manage The Follow/Following Ratio – and Don’t Miss New Followers
- Go to the lists of “Consider to Follow” & “Consider to Unfollow” and follow Commun.it’s suggestions – we make sure you don’t follow people who don’t engage back, and that you do follow people you interact with, so you can feel free to follow more leads.
- Make sure you follow back the “New followers” and that you don’t follow the “New unfollowers”
4. Measure Your Success
- Soon, you should see that people follow you back, or reply to your “hi” mention. You won’t miss these people as they will be shown in your “Prioritized feed” list, or in “Consider to reply” or in “New followers” – so you can quietly go on with your business and come to back to Commun.it once in a while to see the results. We’ll make sure you won’t miss anything!
- You should also see more “High-Value Members”: – these are the people with the highest quality in your community. The more high-value members you have, the more you will grow your followers base and get more mentions and retweets. Commun.it identifies your high-value members based on the engagements you had, their followers base, your shared interests and more.
- Using the reports functionality, you can see your followers growth of last week, compared to the week before:
That’s it for this post! We’ve tried to cover the essentials here without overwhelming you, and we hope you’ve found the above helpful. Please leave a comment or hit us up on Twitter if you have questions, comments or suggestions!